Kirk’s Bike Shop was established in 1865 in the same block in downtown Muncie as our current location. The first bikes sold were the “high-wheel” bikes which predate the automobile. Kirk’s was for a long time purveyor of Schwinn Bicycles.
Bill Boothby in the mid-1970’s started a business known as The Outdoor Store which sold Trek Bicycles in addition to canoes and camping gear. The Outdoor Store later closed and B&B Campus Bikes became the local dealer for Trek bicycles.
In 1999, B&B Campus Bike Shop and Kirk’s Bike Shop were combined and for a short time known as B&B Kirk’s Bike Shop. To coincide with our move back to downtown Muncie in 2003, we adopted the name that has served Delaware and surrounding counties since 1865-Kirk’s Bike Shop.
Kirk’s Bike Shop is located in downtown Muncie at the corner of Walnut and Jackson Streets.